To enroll for coverage, the employee must meet the following qualifications:
- Individual must be an active employee of a Participating Agency
- Permanent full-time or permanent part-time status (contract/seasonal employees are not eligible)
- Actively at work at the time of enrollment
- Enrollment is within 60-days of date of hire/entry on duty or is during an open enrollment period
- Available only to active employees during open enrollment periods or within 60 days of entry on duty.
- Death benefit paid within 24 hours following agency notification.
- Coverage cannot be denied due to your age or health.
- May convert to an individual policy without proof of insurability upon retirement, resignation, or transfer to another agency.
Choose from two coverage levels:
- $17,500 – $39 annually
- $35,000 – $78 annually