Termination of Coverage
Your coverage under this Program will terminate on the earliest of any of the following dates:
- The date the Program terminates;
- The date You cease to make the required premiums;
- The date You enter active military service of any country. For purposes of this coverage, active military service for training purposes of one month or less is not Full-time service;
- The date You are no longer employed by a SAMBA Eligible Employing Agency as a Full-time Employee. You must notify Us immediately in the event that You leave Full-time or any employment with or retire from a SAMBA Eligible Employing Agency;
- The date on which You are no longer Actively at Work. However, coverage may be continued for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days during a SAMBA Eligible Employing Agency-approved period of leave, with or without pay.
Note: If You are terminated due to a period of leave (with or without pay) in excess of ninety (90) days, and You return to Actively at Work status within six (6) months of the date Your leave began, You will not be required to submit new Evidence of lnsurability provided that You apply for coverage within thirty (30) days of Your return to Actively at Work status;
- The next premium due date following the date You request cancellation of coverage. You must make this request to Us in writing. No portion of premiums already paid before the cancellation date that We approve will be refunded.
- Thirty (30) days after Our request for proof of continuing Disability for which You failed to provide requested documentation;
- Failure to reimburse an Overpayment as outlined in the Reimbursement Agreement; or
- The date that Your home or other residence is designated as your Regular Place of Work.
A Dependent’s coverage under this Program will terminate on the earliest of any of the following dates:
- The date your coverage terminates;
- The date the Dependent enters active military service of any country. For purposes of this coverage, active military service for training purposes of one month or less will cause the coverage to be suspended for the training period. The coverage will resume at the end of the limited training period;
- The first day of the month following the date Dependents as a class are no longer eligible for Program coverage;
- The date the Dependent no longer meets the definition of Dependent; or
- If the premiums are being waived, twelve (12) months following the date premiums were first waived.
Available only to full-time active federal employees.
You are eligible to enroll if you are under age 62, are actively at work* as a permanent full-time employee of a federal agency, and reside in the U.S. at the time of enrollment.
*If your regular place of employment is your home or other residence, you would not be considered actively at work.