Limitations and Exclusions
ReliaStar Life does not pay benefits for loss directly or indirectly caused by any of the following:
- Suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane.
- Physical or mental Illness.
- Bacterial infection or bacterial poisoning. Exception: Infection from a cut or wound caused by an accident.
- Any armed conflict, whether declared as war or not, involving any country or government.
- Injury suffered while serving on full-time active military duty for more than 30 days, in any armed forces. Exception: Reserve or National Guard active duty for training.
- Injury which occurs when you or your insured dependent commits or attempts to commit a crime.
- Voluntary use of illegal drugs.
- Intentional taking of over the counter medication not in accordance with recommended dosage and warning instructions.
- Intentional misuse of prescription drugs.
- Travel or flight in any vehicle used for aerial navigation, if any of these apply:
– You or your insured dependent is riding as a passenger in any aircraft not intended or licensed for the transportation of passengers.
– You or your insured dependent is performing as a pilot or crew member of any aircraft.
– You or your insured dependent is riding as a passenger in an aircraft owned, operated, controlled or leased by or on behalf of the Federal Agency or any or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
This includes getting in, out, on or off any such vehicle.
- You or your insured dependent’s intoxication. Intoxication means you or your insured dependent’s blood alcohol content meets or exceeds the legal presumption of intoxication under the laws of the state where the accident occurred.
Minimum coverage is $10,000. Maximum coverage is $500,000. Children under age 26 are limited to a maximum coverage of $50,000 per eligible child.
Available Coverage Amounts
You can select from $10,000 to $500,000.
Add Family Coverage
Cover your spouse and unmarried children up to age 26.
Safe Driver, Education, Child Care, and other benefits included at no additional cost.
You can continue this plan, even if you change agencies, retire, or leave your federal employment.
- Online Enrollment
- Enrollment and Change Coverage Forms